It’s been a slow two weeks. Here’s what’s been happening:
- Work’s been alright. I was considering becoming a permanent employee this week, but I think I’ve ultimately decided against it. The extra money would be nice, but I’d be spending a lot more time at work as well.
- University’s getting more difficult. My programming modules are alright, but linear algebra is becoming incredibly tough; I’m considering dropping it until next year.
- I’ve got a driving test on Tuesday. I made a stupid mistake the first time around and failed, so hopefully this time goes better - the lessons are getting expensive.
- We got four zebra finches just over a week ago, and they’re pretty nice. They just chirp and sit around being cute.
- I’ve (slowly) started reading again. I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time a few days ago (meh), and I’m crawling through A Clash of Kings again. Gotta get to Lady Stoneheart.
- Music-wise, I’ve been listening to Say Anything a lot, mostly to …Is A Real Boy. Alestorm’s new album is really good, so I’ll probably give that a proper listen in this coming week.
- I’ve reworked one of my songs from last year; I’ve changed the timing from 6/8 to 3/4 and made it more energetic. I’m gonna tab it out sometime and then I’ll upload it on here afterwards.
- As far as shows go, I’ve started watching Akame ga Kill and Da Vinci’s Demons, which have both been really impressive so far. I’ve got to find the time to watch season 2 of Da Vinci’s Demons.
- I bought the demo J-board from work today. It’s got some wear and tear, but it was discounted by about 70% and it works fine, so I don’t mind.
- I found out that I can buy things online using my bank card earlier, and since then I’ve bought a PS2 to USB controller converter and two ebooks. I reckon I’ll be spending a lot more time on eBay now.
That’s about it for now. Not much has really happened this month. It’s been a cycle of work, university and trying to find things to do in my free time. If anything interesting does happen though, I’ll be sure to post it on here.